Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

All I wanted to do last night was stay home fucking my girlfriend. I really had no desire to be out amongst people at all. She convinced me, and I went. Driving through the night, almost a little too high, I was thinking to myself how easy it is for me to slip away from people. I know I need to socialize and network more if I want to have a better hope of success. The problem I have is... well, the people.

There is the guy who calls all his friends family, then chooses sides.

There is the lonely woman that can't find herself at all.

There is the mother who decided she was going to keep a mans son from him.

There is the old friend who judges you more harshly than anyone ever has.

There is almost no reason to continue meeting new and ever dissapointing people. The audacity and stupidity is beyond astounding. Like the woman who pretends to be the mother of your child, like it's funny. I often wish I had the lack of moral capacity to just do what ever I want to people. It must be a great tool for chewing your bit of flesh out of life. But I can't, so I continue to meet new people and I continue to be dissapointed. I go out, when i don't want to, but know that I need to. So last night I went out. And it was well worth the trip.

I know that some of my problem has to do with the type, caliber of person I choose to associate myself with. I can be elitist, I believe some people just will never work out. I give them a turn around the wheel anyway. And they fail me. Like the red kneck pretending to be diverse, but only because: "Davin's not like other black people" .

Last night was different. There was this dude there with an underground, artistic style, back pack jamed full of the tools of an artist, CD's and oddities. Quiet but always talking, creative and distracted, he blew in, filled my head with music and memories of being an underground kid, left me some gems, and split.

I had a chance to get to know some people better. He's a hair stylist, she's an actress, they are an eclectic collision of art, and song, and passion wonder for life. I believe they are genuinely good people.

I spent my week as I do many not really thinking of the lessons we find in our lives. I had a few conversations about people over the last week. About forgiveness, and the reasons it shouldn't be given away so simply. About doing the right thing, thinking the right thing and what all that means. About human sexuality, and why we love food. I realize sitting here, that my life is just as full of philosophy, and adventure and excitement as any travel writer.

In my view point you have to see your life as it is and you have to love the life you are living. It's not something you can fake. You can't pretend to be..., when you are clearly not. You can survive it, but if you are living for sirvival, instead of love... you're missing out.

That's the Kimble ViewPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what ever you want to say here. I have my ViewPoint you have yours. All I ask is kep it civil.