Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hey! Keep it Cartoony

Okay, we have a problem Houston!

There is a horrible rumor going around that some deep and dark secret cadre of pedophiles started the "Post a cartoon pic thing on Facebook for, (insert reason here)." I, for one, don't believe it to be true. I have seen, recently, many reasons for posting your main pic as a cartoon and not one of them, not a single one, said anything about sex with underage children. A few examples, if you'll allow:

"Make your profile pic as your favorite cartoon. The goal here is to remember what it was like to be a kid and for one week have zero human faces on Facebook."

"Make your profile pic a cartoon to help fight child abuse."

"... to help fight spousal abuse."

"...to help fight cancer."

"...tho help fight Obama."



The point is that for me, for those closest to me, it was a geek thing really. We had discussions and arguments about what was and what wasn't a cartoon. We learned things about one another we maybe never before would have known. I picked Liono because I'm a Leo and that character always meant something to me. He is a leader of a crack group of warriors alone on a hostile planet fighting and unrelenting enemy. And he's a Lion with a Sword and he's all hot for the hot Cheetah character. That's all it meant to me. I forgot about the original reason for making it a cartoon and I had a discourse and conversation about what my LIFE meant to me. The details and elements of it that made the me that is ME. 

Okay, for the sake of the argument let's say that there was some demon dark and evil that conspired to some how move the earths to create a great conspiracy to lure more children into his clutches. Let's say that some how he achieved a remarkable 2% children lured into his web. With 500 Million active profiles on Facebook that's a grand total of ten million children to choose from. I just don't under stand how he will hear their pathetic little cries over the tens of millions of geeks, nerds, newbies, nostalgic milfs, collectors, art enthusiast's, writers, and yes a few idiots he's have to listen to argue about every new anything that was coming out soon. WE have a new summer movie blockbuster summer on the horizon that includes super heroes and Harry Potter. We have Tron! Ther is always Star Wars and of course Red Dead! How would he ever know who the real kids actually are? and when he ran across one of us well, we're smarter than him. At least I'd like to think so. 

What ever your reason, don't change it now and start apologizing and taking it back because someone called you stupid for supporting a fictional child rapist. Remember why you actually did it and live with that. That's the show of true strength. That is how we defeat the perves and he haters. Grow from every experience in your life. All of them. and never forget what it was like to be a kid and have a dream.       


"Truth is ... I'm a geek and cartoons sort of influenced my life. Part of the reason I trained, and studied and worked so hard all my 35 years so far is because I want to be a bad ass like the Thunder Cats. And By The Power Of Grey Skull! I'm just saying, fuck the internet rumors and the myths. No one knows why it was started. We made it our own and rocked it and learned a bit more about one another because of it. In a week things will go back to the way they've always been. Bravo! Hold your own. Individually we all are here together." - Davin Kimble

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what ever you want to say here. I have my ViewPoint you have yours. All I ask is kep it civil.