Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Everything is going to be okay

It is you know. The title I mean. Everything is going to be okay. I have proof but before I give you that I have to follow protocol and give you the bad news first. I know how you feel about it but the absolute truth is there is nothing that can be done about it. I signed up for this writers union thing and I believe it was free because they are sapping my soul with their rules. One of their rules is, "You must have tension in your work."

So, here's the bad news. Right now life sucks for a lot of us. If we're not loosing our jobs or our homes or our families we are loosing our minds for sure. The so called leaders of our country, states, cities and municipalities are surprisingly comfortable with feeding us a consistent diet of sound bites and party rhetoric. I, and a great many of you, try to dig through the thick morass of information and deep well of dirty lies to find the truth but in the end do you ever really know? You have to make an informed decisions and get on with it.

The bad news is, we aren't getting any help from our old outdated Uncle Sam. Isn't he Great, great uncle "so and so" three times removed by now? You would think with as fast as we can advance our technology we would be equally capable of advancing our thought processes and political wrangling. But the egg heads screw it up so that the geeks can fix it. But let me tell you;


Is it going to be okay dot com is a web site dedicated to the positive message in the most simple and universal of gestures, the thumbs up. The owner, who doesn't give you much information, only asks that you send in your thumbs up and pass the word. So let the people who may be worse off than you know that everything really is going to be okay. Trust me I realize it every day.

Oh, why don't you see my pretty face giving the thumbs up on there? It's because I don't own a camera and it's the middle of the early night and I ain't going no where.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, living in England is a real eye opener. The money that is literally thrown about to anyone who has a kid, is foreign (Europe and Asia) or hast worked for 6 months is mind boggling. Coming from where I do, and not seeing people getting help, this is just a soap opera country. In that I mean, they literally watch soap operas- live and die by them, while getting paid.
    Its called being on the dole here, once your on it after 6 months, 9 times out of 10 you will be on it for the rest of your life.Just sign in at the Job Center every 2 weeks and your set! They pay you to be off work- along with your rent, and utilities. Want more money? Sure! Just bust out some kiddies!! As you know I work for a Student Loans Company- in the government sector. I assess if these young adults should get a loan, grant etc. My quota a day is about 60 applications, and that includes looking through about 100 pages on each application of evidence that we have requested or they deemed important to send in. Out of the 60 application I look at, on average about 50 of them will have either one or both parents on income support.- side note, they just have to mention income support, and we automatically give free money with out any evidence required!! I mean hello. These are not just British people, and not just Asians- Id say about 50 50 actually. When on income support you get it based on your house worth, how many evil ones you have pushed out etc. Most people on average are getting about 12K a year- to sit on their assess and watch Emmerdale or Hollyoaks.
    They all talk about immigrants, I get the stink eye everyone in a while- but I tell you this, from what I have seen and heard, the
    Americans coming over, do not take income support. As coming from America- and being shown that you do have to work hard to get anywhere, because the government sure as fuck isnt going to give you a helping hand unless ...well that is for another time...and you will be homeless and die of starvation- I know to work. I feel bad if I skip work due to ice/snow. It may be government breeding at its best to tell me to work till I die, but I think my background and genes come into play.I work for what I have, and if I want something, I work harder. For those in need, and who really honestly are so low they will not get back up- hell yes. Give help. Give them what they need. But not for life, and sure as hell not as a reward for having 10 kids.
    Sorry my comment was so long- It just kinda blurted outta my finger tips.
    Good blog D ... :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what ever you want to say here. I have my ViewPoint you have yours. All I ask is kep it civil.