Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

I really need a Job

My name is Davin Kimble and I really need a job.
Now I am going to go ahead here and admit I could very likely get a job washing your cars or cooking your burgers, the reality of the situation is, I don’t want to do that and if I did I would only waste my time and yours. I don’t want to get into another job just because I need a job. That is a trap that repeats the cycle. I have worked very hard developing my skills in things that I enjoy doing and I think I deserve a chance to prove that I can do them and do them well. I am looking for something lasting. I want a career that I can stay with for a long while, something that I can be proud of doing.
You may be asking yourself,” What do you have to offer?” Well I am a quick study and I am very self motivated. I have all the basic computer skills necessary in today’s business world; Microsoft Office Suites, POS Systems, Mobile devices, but I also have skills with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Elements as well as Quark, Sony Acid Music Studio, Magix Music Creator and basic knowledge of Dreamweaver. I am an amateur photographer and I do photo manipulation and graphic design. I do all of these things and more. My first love is writing and I do both non- fiction and fiction. I enjoy the gym and have considered getting into personal training. I used to be a Muy Tai fighter and over the years have modified and moved into the world of MMA and survival fighting.
Where is the proof? Here see for your self:
http://www.artbistro.com/member/davinkwriter/albums
http://thekimbleviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/thadragonking
And every bit of it is designed, written, produced, performed, and marketed by me. I have the raw skills; help me develop this into something worth while.
The best part for you however is the fact that with most of this stuff I am self taught. This illustrates the fact that I have the motivation and drives to not only accomplish my goals but I can do it with little supervision and no one there to push me. I can be an asset to your business. You want someone driven and dedicated on your team. But I ask you, don’t ask me to stand in a hot parking lot direct marketing your windshield cleaner, perfume, or once in a lifetime package deals. I don’t want to sell your marked up mattresses, cars, or shoes. I am not interested in work from home e-mail forwarding jobs, e-bay easy money scams, or quick money schemes. I want something real, I want something lasting and I want something that will utilize my talents.
Thank you for taking the time to consider me.
Davin Kimble
davinkwriter@gmail.com
Yahoo IM: davinkwriter
Davin Kimble
Davinkwriter@gmail.com
Yahoo IM: davinkwriter
Objective

My objective is to work for a company that remembers what customer service means, both internal and external customer service. I want an opportunity to grow within a company that values its employees as more than paid labor, easily replaced. As your business invests in me, so too do I invest myself in your business.


Qualifications

I am intelligent, ready to expand on what I do know and ready to learn what I do not. I am proficient with Photoshop, for MAC and PC, Quark Express, and the MS office suites as well as a variety of other applications. More importantly, I am dedicated, honest, loyal and hard working. What is important is the product and a quality product comes from quality work.


Experience

2007-2008 Mattress Firm
Sales Manager

As a sales manager for the Mattress Firm I am responsible for maintaining a sales percentage that allows me to make my budget for the month. I am also responsible for the daily general running of a store, from ordering and receiving stock to customer service. I am at times also responsible for the training and guidance of new hire sales staff.

2006-2007 Stephenville Empire-Tribune
Composing/Art

While working with the Stephenville Empire Tribune I was responsible for the daily creation of advertising art and design. I was also responsible for the basic composition of the daily paper, the local "shopper" and TV Guide as well as any company inserts or Tab's.
Charlie Carrasco: 254-968-2379 ext:244


2005-Current The Kimble Company
Co-Owner/Photographer/Producer

The Kimble Company is a business I started with my wife that pools our talents into a variety of business ideas. AKphotography-photography for any occasion, Graven Images-graphic design, UKS Records-Music and Sound Design, and soon to come, Draconian Publications. As a company we have photographed two weddings and have done many personal photo shoots. I have designed advertising for a wide variety of companies in the Stephenville area, and have written, recorded, produced and distributed two CD’s from my home studio.


2000-2006 BYJ Cattle Company
TNRCC Liaison

At BYJ Cattle I was responsible for the reporting, research, inspections and constructions necessary to remain within TNRCC guidelines. This involved every thing from writing reports to coordinating projects with the cattlemen and the agency. Success was determined by a good rating from the TNRCC.


Education

Kaplan College, Davenport, IA

Online 2002-2004
AAS in Computer Information Systems

Emmaus Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX

Correspondence 1993-2000
AAS in World Theology

Western Hills High School, Fort Worth, TX

1989-1992
GED

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what ever you want to say here. I have my ViewPoint you have yours. All I ask is kep it civil.